Celebrate Christmas with the St J’s Group
Churches in Peasedown, Wellow and Shoscombe will be hosting a range of Christmas services this coming festive season to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. St John’s Church in Peasedown, St Julian’s in Wellow and St Julian’s in Shoscombe are all part of the St J’s Group of Anglican Churches, which are led by Revd Matthew Street.
Between them, nativity services, Midnight Communion, Christmas Celebrations and carols in the pub will take place in the three villages.
Revd Matthew Street commented:
“Everyone is welcome to come and celebrate Christmas with us this year. Our services will explore the miracle of Jesus’ birth and prompt us to think more about its significance for us today.
For Christians, we remember that Jesus’ birth meant so much more than a baby in a manger. It was God coming to live amongst us. Come and find about more about this amazing truth this Christmas in the St J’s Group.”
Over the run up to Christmas, and on the day itself, these events will take place:
- Sat 17th Dec, Red Post Inn, Peasedown St John
Carols, 8pm – 9pm
- Sun 18th Dec, St John’s Church, Peasedown St John
Carol Service, 4.30pm – 5.30pm
- Sun 18th Dec, St Julian’s Church, Wellow
Traditional Carols by Candlelight, 6.30pm
- Wed 21st Dec, St John’s Church, Peasedown St John
St J’s Christmas Holiday Club, 8.45am - 3.00pm,
Family Nativity Service, 3pm, St John’s Church
- Sat 24th Dec, St Julian’s Church, Wellow
Children’s Christmas Service, 4.30pm - 5.30pm
- Sat 24th Dec, St Julian’s School, Shoscombe
Carols, 4.30pm - 5.30pm
- Sat 24th Dec, St John’s Church, Peasedown St John
Midnight Communion, 11.30pm - 12.30am
- Sun 25th Dec, St Julian’s Church, Wellow
Christmas Day Communion, 9.30am - 10.15am
- Fri 25th Dec, St John’s Church, Peasedown St John
Christmas Day Celebration, 10.30am-11.30am
- Sun 1st Jan, Services as usual across the St J’s Group
New Year’s Day. Services will resume as usual, with the exception of there being NO Soul Food at Peasedown Youth Centre at 4.30pm.
For more details visit the website for the St J’s Group, www.stjsgroup.church, which includes details of future events, the church’s work in the community, activities going on during the week and live recordings of Sunday sermons. Readers can also get all the latest news updates by following the St J’s Group on Twitter: @stjsgroup