Breakfast Club Update regarding September 2018
In light of the ongoing uncertainties with the youth centre we have been considering the future of SJ’s Breakfast Club for some time. We feel it might be time for us to not continue with running the Breakfast Club from September.
Liam Adam our deputy manager who has been running the daily sessions for the last year and has been involved for the last three years has indicated that he wants to move on from September 1st and we have not currently found a suitable replacement.
We are sorry we cannot be more definite about the future of Breakfast Club as we would love for it to continue. However uncertainty about the building and staffing make the viability of running the Breakfast Club from September difficult. We would want you to know our thoughts as soon as possible so if you need to make alternative child care arrangements from September you can do so.
Last day of Term 6: Tuesday 24th July 2018
SJ's Breakfast Club runs 5 sessions a week at the Peasedown Youth Centre.
It is managed by Rob Bubyer in partnership with St John's Church (contact Rob on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07973 972018).
The Breakfast Club will:
- Run for the full term 5 and 6 from Monday 9th April 2018 – Tuesday 24th July 2018 (excluding the bank holiday on 7th May, Inset day on Friday 25th May and Half Term 28th May - 1st June)
- Be every morning: Monday – Friday from 7.45am – 8.45am. Doors open 7.45am.
- Be held in the Youth Centre every day. Entrance to the breakfast club is through the FIRE EXIT on the left hand side of the building as you face it. Do try and arrive by 8am - please remember that the main entrance door is locked just after 8am.
- Cost £2.50 per child per session.
- Have a maximum of 25 places for children from Reception to Year 6 per session. A waiting list will be applied if needs must. Places are secure once payment has been made.
- Include a breakfast of cereal and/or brioche (chocolate/plain) and a drink (water/milk).
- Be based around free time, playing a game or doing some art activity with Christian values and having breakfast.
Children will need to arrive through the LEFT HAND SIDE FIRE EXIT of the Youth Centre and be handed over by a parent to the team running the breakfast club that morning by SIGNING CHILDREN IN. At the end of the session children will be escorted via the safe pathway onto the school site – children in Reception and KS1 will be escorted to their classes, KS2 children will be led to entrance doors for 8.45am – in time for the register.
Standards of behaviour and expectations remain the same as described in our parents handbook (see below). All children attending the Breakfast Club must adhere to the breakfast club’s Golden Rules and follow the instructions of the breakfast club team to remain safe and secure. Any child not choosing to follow the rules may be asked to leave. All sessions will need to be paid for in full in advance and no refund will be available if a child is ill or misses a session.
For more information please contact Rob Bubyer on 07973 972018 or email email@example.com.